Easy Meal Prep For Breakfast
Admit, hectic mornings are your worst enemy when it comes down to having a window to eat and feeling in charge of your day. But as challenging as it may seem to have a nourishing breakfast that puts you in the drivers seat of your business, as easy it is to prepare for the culprits in your busy weeks.
Next to smoothies, there are surely other options to have a delicious, satisfying breakfast in no time. And because you’re always looking for time saving shortcuts -especially when you overslept or you’re running out of time in the morning-, I have a real cool way to avoid these frustrating moments. Instead of crunching your teeth, here’s some delicious crunch to feel charged in no time.
- 5 small jars or BPA free plastic containers
- A large bowl
INGREDIENTS (always try to find raw organic quality for maximum results)
- Berries of the season (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1 C of almonds, coarsely chopped (food for focus)
- 2 C of gluten-free rolled oats (fibre: a clear colon is a clear mind!)
- 1/2 C of coconut flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 C of hemp seeds (complete protein and omega 3 for focus)
- 1/4 C of (golden/green) raisins (glucose for brain function)
- 1/4 C of sunflower seeds (protein)
- 1/4 C of pumpkin seeds (zinc)
- Fresh mint (stimulating, wakes you up, good digestion)
- Throw all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix by hand (ready!)
- Line up your jars/containers in front of you
- Place a layer of cereal on the bottom of your jars or containers
- Fill up with the berries of your choice
- Finish with freshly minced mint on top
- Close and store in the fridge
Isn’t it just beautiful when you line up your petite colourful breakfast jars in your fridge and you open the door in the morning? Simply grab a jar, open up, pour some liquid of your choice on top:
- some (warm) water (you can find this anywhere!)
- almond or hemp seed milk (take some with you in a small purse-sized bottle)
- coconut water
- water or coconut kefir
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- coulis of berries
… and enjoy your instant breakfast. No time to eat at home? Throw it in your purse or bag and you’re ready to go.
- Experiment with other fruits
- Use whatever seeds and nuts you like with your own ratios: it’s no rocket science
- Make some buckwheaties (dry soaked buckwheat grains overnight) for more crunch
- They work just as well as a energy snack during your day!
- Make more of the mix up front and store in a large jar for your next week; it takes just as much time
Let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you, how it saves you precious time, what variations you’ve been coming up with, if you liked this quick breakfast hack.
You’re not a member of my experts community yet? Sign up today to learn more about how you can create a sustainable healthy lifestyle within your business.